PC Tech Support: 7 Ways to Get Help from Tech Support People
At some point or another, you may need to call up technical support to fix something. Maybe one morning you get the blue screen of death, or you get one of those frightening blunder messages on your screen. Or on the other hand possibly you attempt to turn your PC on and nothing. Maybe it’s not your PC by any means, however your site is totally down and you need to decide to your website specialist or web facilitating organization.
I’ve been on the two sides of that panicky call and there are 7 things you can do so as to help make that technical support consider only somewhat less upsetting:
1. Try not to freeze this is less demanding said that done when you’re PC’s on the flicker and you’re gazing intently at the barrel of a due date. Be that as it may, things will be less unpleasant in the event that you don’t blow a gasket. Odds are the issue isn’t so terrible (or costly) as you think.
2. Check the conspicuous before you call-One of the primary things that your tech individual will have you do is to check for evident reasons for inconvenience. Like is your PC connected? Or then again is the flood defender your PC’s associated is turned on? Are the majority of the links leaving your PC connected tight? Or then again are entering your secret key in effectively? Or then again do you have the “Tops lock” key on while you’re entering your secret word? They have you gone through this drill on the grounds that multiple occasions the straightforward stuff is the issue. So gone through a portion of the conspicuous reasons for inconvenience before you get the telephone.
3. Get readied If you have any guarantees or administration contracts get together those materials previously you call. It will spare you a touch of time just on the off chance that your tech individual demands this data. You may likewise require the sequential number for your PC. These are normally situated on a sticker put on the back, base, or side of your PC or they are situated in your PC enrollment administrative work.
4. Be as explicit as conceivable Simply saying “My PC’s not working” isn’t excessively useful. Technical support as of now accepts that your PC isn’t working since you wouldn’t call just to say hello. What they have to know is “how is your PC not working?” You should be as explicit as could be allowed. Will your PC not begin by any means? Is the issue that you can turn the PC on yet it won’t go past the startup screen? Maybe you can move beyond the startup screen yet you can’t open up a specific program? Portray your concern from beginning to end; what you were doing when you experienced your concern, what your PC does, and if there are any uncommon circumstances that appear to concur with the issue.
5. Record blunder messages-Usually when something turns out badly, you’ll get some sort of mistake message that endeavors to reveal to you what the issue is. On the off chance that you can’t get a handle on the message, set aside the opportunity to record it. It might mean something to the tech individual you’re conversing with and it may enable them to analyze the issue slightly quicker.
6. Make note of any ongoing changes or episodes Sometimes the reason for your PC inconvenience is something that is changed on your PC or some occurrence that has happened as of late, for example, the expansion of new equipment (printer, scanner, hard drive, memory, and so on).
- The expansion or cancellation of programming
- A power disturbance or power flood
- The expansion of erasure of an administration
- Programming updates or security patches
Now and then changes like this can cause some unanticipated issues with different things that might possibly appear to be identified with your concern. When you’re conversing with your tech individual, make them mindful of any progressions or increases you made before you began having issues. They’ll have the capacity to let you know whether these progressions are identified with your inconvenience.
7. Keep takes note of A ton of times a call to the help office implies that you’ll be investing a great deal of energy in the telephone being sent starting with one individual then onto the next. Keep notes on who you converse with, when you conversed with them, and what they’ve done to help analyze the issue. On the off chance that you find that you need to continue calling the help office or on the off chance that you have to a fix individual fix your PC face to face, these notes will prove to be useful.
Need more data on sites, website architecture, and how to maintain a strategic distance from the entanglements in building and dealing with your very own site? Get more data from “Website Mistakes to Avoid” to realize what you have to know to fabricate and run an effective site. Visit microsofttop.com for more information.