Did you recently order anything from Amazon during the festive offers? While ordering, what is the first thing you do? If a consensus is made, we are sure the majority will believe that they check if a same-day delivery option is available or not.
Today with the advancement in every field and its association with technology, it is essential that we take certain things to check. Imagine you are a manufacturing company; can your products reach your customers in a day? If not, then you must do something about this issue.
Nowadays, it’s important to grow business online. Thus, not just fast delivery but delivering the product on the same day is a vital step for e-commerce business. You need to get serious about it and take things under control right now. We are here to take you through the steps.
Significance of same-day delivery option
The major reason is that the generation Z & millennial today is fast-paced and they want everything right away. So, if your business is not delivering with express technology and you lack the best route planning software, you definitely need to read on.
Some of the companies have started to adopt the last mile delivery solution in order to remove the delay in delivering process. A recent survey by Coldwell affiliates claimed that 64 percent of people are most likely to buy a product if they get the option of same-day delivery. If this doesn’t wake you up then what will?
Now let’s move on to the main agenda of how you can prepare your team and business simultaneously to go through the process of same-day delivery and shopping:
- Testing your website before starting with anything else should be your topmost priority. With significant orders come huge responsibilities for your website. If your site is not seamless enough, it will take more time to load. Get a thorough check done with tester and developers to see if your website can hold traffic during orders.
- As an e-commerce business, most retailers manage a different platform for online and offline sales. To sync same-day delivery planning, coordination, and centrally plan it across, it is best to develop an Omnichannel platform. This helps you to create similar goals and enhances central visibility by integrating the point of sale inventory and e-commerce ordering systems.
- Create a network of local delivering companies. All the most prominent brands don’t offer secure one-day shipping services. The best thing to do is get connected to local companies for whom it will be easy to deliver the same day.
- The next job is to strengthen your technology for same-day shipping options. When customers see that you have an extended courier service, they are going to connect it with the brand; so, it is essential that there is consistency all-around your services. One of the most critical software you can include is the integration of transportation management systems with business intelligence applications. There are numerous application providers with delivery route planning systems and delivery management software systems in place to make it all easier.
- Last-Mile Delivery solutions are the latest boon in technology to help you track your orders to see that the final delivery is made as fast as possible. Last-Mile delivery is becoming increasingly important due to the recent surge in e-commerce sales. Focusing on last-mile guarantees exceptional service and brings the Omnichannel platforms together, continuously evolving them.
Now let’s discuss some of the essential steps to establish all the above in an orderly fashion:
- Embrace technology, and make your team embrace it with you. Systems like Tradegeeko for inventory management, Channel advisor for data automation, and analysis. Other critical applications for a smoother functioning include Delivery Route Planning Software, Delivery Tracking Management software, last-mile delivery solution, etc.
- Find a reliable courier who is spread across locally with exceptional services. Compare different courier systems and see which works for you in terms of the shipping time and delivery needs.
- Keep your internal process simple and less controversial. Start with an audit of your staff and try to streamline your process. Find a loophole which can delay your process and work on them accordingly. This will, in turn, ensure that the order fulfilment and shipping process will go faster and smoother.
- Communicate faster and be useful- when you have your own warehouse, it is essential that all your internal communication is smooth and quick. Any delay there could delay your entire process. So, make sure that all dots are checked and your hub centres are in place.
- The messy warehouse is never a good place to start. Make sure that your items are orderly managed and assigned to inventory accordingly. You could adopt policies and procedures like slotting, inventory turnover, and efficiency in the process.
To sum it all in a nutshell, we all are quite aware of how same-day delivery option is your only way out with the recent trends. They help you get a competitive edge over other competitors, help you in boosting sales, and let you have customer satisfaction as your priority.
Additionally, you should also take proactive steps for same-day delivery, shipping, same-day packaging, and further secure internal communication with your team. Now you know what to do to help your business pull the same-day delivery business off.
Author – Bio
Noman Shaikh is a Digital Marketing Head at Fixlastmile which is known for developing top-notch last mile delivery System. He believes in sharing his strong knowledge base with leaned concentration on entrepreneurship and business.